What is UCaaS?
UCaas stands for Unified Communications as a Service.
Also known as:Cloud UC or Cloud Unified Communications
Virtual UC or Virtual Unified Communications
What does that actually mean?
UCaaS (Unified Communications as a Service) are cloud based Unified Communications platforms that are hosted in data centres.
Unified Communications is not a single product but a range of communication tools/applications providing:
- Call control
- Instant messaging
- Unified messaging
- Conferencing & Collaboration Tools (audio, Web and video)
- BYOD (Bring Your Own Device)
The benefits to an organisation for deploying a Cloud UC solution is to eliminate the need for expensive hardware/servers and thus reducing the requirement for extensive IT staff resources. Most Cloud providers would not only own the platform but also configure and manage these systems on behalf of the client.
The market for on premise communication platforms has been on the decline over the last 2 to 3 years. However the market for cloud based telephony services, including UCaaS (Unified Communications as a Service) is continuing to expand and will soon become have a greater market share than on premise solutions.
5 Key benefits of cloud-based services like UCaaS:
- Predictable operational expenses.
- Greater OpEx/CapEx flexibility.
- A highly reliable service that is always updated with the most current software.
- Provides flexibility to locate employees in any office or home location.
- Ideal if the business does not want to own infrastructure and manage.
There are other types of Business Phone Systems that are available.
If you are thinking about cloud based communication platforms for your business and would like some advice why not make contact by clicking on the link below: